The European Gender Summits are dedicated to supporting and advancing excellence and effectiveness of research and innovation at all levels, through the inclusion of gender. We were very glad when one of our patrons, ESF, agreed to partner with us on delivering the first European Gender Summit in 2011. Far beyond the standard final project conference, the European Gender Summit provided a forum for stakeholders from research, industry and policy to jointly explore how gendered methodologies can stimulate innovation and advance scientific excellence. The summit will mapped the current state of knowledge, provided a forum for interdisciplinary debate and draw up concrete action plans for research and innovation policy.
We are delighted that this partnership continues and we co-convened the second European Gender Summit with ESF in 2012. The European Gender Summit 2012 was held under the theme 'Aligning Agendas for Excellence' and took place on 29 -30 Nov 2012. The main venue was be the European Parliament in Brussels, sending a clear signal that the gender equality in science deserves the highest policy attention. Read more about the European Gender Summit 2012.
2016 sees the 9th Gender Summit being held back in Brussels. The platform is now global with regional editions held in Africa, Asia-Pacific, North and Latin America:
- GS1 Europe, Brussels, 8-9 Nov 2011
- GS2 Europe, Brussels, 29-30 Nov 2012
- GS3 North America, Washington D.C., 13-15 Nov 2013
- GS4 Europe, Brussels, 30 June - 1 July 2014
- GS5 Africa, Cape Town, 28-30 April 2015
- GS6 Asia-Pacific, Seoul, 26-28 August 2015
- GS7 Europe, Berlin, 6-7 Nov 2015
- GS8 North & Latin America, Mexico City, 28-29 April 2016
- GS9 Europe, Brussels, 8-9 Nov 2016
In 2017 the second editions of GS Asia-Pacific and GS North Ameica will be held in Tokyo and Montreal, respectively. Sign up to the Gender Sumimt Newsletter to keep up to date.